procmail replacement in Python

Radovan Garabik spam at melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk
Mon Jul 8 06:35:26 EDT 2002

Sheila King <usenet at thinkspot.net> wrote:
 : The tarball URL for the pycmail packages is not working for me.

there were just some power outages, it should work now

 : Did anyone grab a copy that they can share? I would like to look
 : at this package. We are often get potential clients at asking about
 : our web hosting services, who would like to use procmail. However,
 : procmail doesn't run well on our system due to the Qmail mail permissions
 : and such. It would be interesting to see if this python procmail
 : replacement might do the job?

it depends
pycmail just expects the incoming mail at stdin, and copies it to
various destinations, so under standard scheme it is invoked with
UID of the user expecting mail, and if it has proper rights to write it
into destination mailboxes, all should work.
(what kind of problems are you having with procmail?)

| Radovan Garabik  http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik |
| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph . uniba . sk       |