How to organize test cases with PyUnit

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Sun Jul 21 13:36:49 EDT 2002

donnal at donnal.net (Donnal Walter) writes:

<snipped>

> Yes, from the responses here that does appear to be the conventional
> way of doing things, so I guess I will continue using unittest this
> way too. I had thought I might replace my batch files with a
> TestSuite, but I'm really not complaining about the way it works now.
> Thanks.

Btw, here's some code I put in my __init__.py files to run unittest
for all modules in a package. Maybe it does some of the things your
are looking for?

moduleNames = map(lambda each: os.path.splitext(each)[0],
                  filter(lambda each: each != '__init__.py',
                         glob.glob('*.py')))

# this was the testLoader I was talking about, it makes a suite from
all TestCase derived classes in moduleNames.

suite = unittest.defaultTestLoader.loadTestsFromNames(moduleNames)

runner = unittest.TextTestRunner(verbosity=1)
runner.run(suite)

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad