__call__ bad style? (was Re: Callable modules?)

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Jul 26 07:33:02 EDT 2002

Michael Hudson wrote:
>> Bingo.  I had much the same approach for the first 20 years
>> or so of my programming career,
>
> Then I'm ahead of you by ... erm ... 13 years.  Wow, I've been
> programming (admittedly only as a hobbyist) for nearly a third of my
> life.  That's scary somehow.

Yes, the thought of a 99+ yo person who's been programming
for almost 33+ years is indeed pretty scary.

OTOH, if you were _behind_ me by 13 years, rather than ahead,
then programming for 7 years out of 21 wouldn't be (scary).

(BTW, I've been programming for over _25_ years now -- more than
half of my life...).

Alex