saving modules

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Tue Jul 16 23:10:53 EDT 2002

in the short run, right click on the file, select rename, and remove the
".txt".  (if you cannot see the .txt in windows explorer then you will have
to go to Tools | Folder Options, click the view tab and deselect Hide File
Extensions yadda yadda ... (this is for win2k, not sure how the others
work)) or, from the DOS prompt, type

rename fibo.py.txt fibo.py

in the long run, don't use notepad to edit modules.

on win32, you are best off downloading the windows extensions.  you will
then have PythonWin, which is an excellent editor.  if you don't want to do
this, then you should have idle installed. (try Start | Programs | Python |
idle) or look in

C:\Python22\Tools\idle

and double click idle.py

-d