Speed up Python by up to 5% ?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jul 25 12:37:58 EDT 2002

    >> About a year ago I wrote an XML-RPC server to which people could post
    >> opcode frequency info (and retrieve it by version), but nobody bit on
    >> the idea.  Here's the entire client-side code necessary to register
    >> this info:

    Sean> so we add the code below to any python apps we write and you get
    Sean> data based on our runtime usage?

Yes, that's the general idea.  You can also query for aggregate counts by
Python version number.  The server is currently not being run, and like I
mentioned in my previous note, I'd probably require some further/different
compression tricks to decrease the size of the payload.  With DXPAIR you get
a 256-element list of lists, each of length 257.  That gets rather large
when serialized as XML-RPC.

Skip