Memory ?

Shagshag13 shagshag13 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 5 04:24:07 EDT 2002

"Max M" <maxm at mxm.dk> a écrit dans le message de news: 3D2551B7.30206 at mxm.dk...
> Shagshag13 wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i'm still looking for a way to check which are the best ways to save memory because i work on many GB with float, etc. so is
there a
> > way to check how many bytes needs an object, a tuple, a list, a dict of objects and so on ? (something like itemsize for array -
in
> > fact array should be great if they weren't boxed)
>

> With no kind of authority I would guess that Numpy is what you need.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy
>
> regards Max M

Thanks ! But i already look at it, and it looks like it's only for boxed array (or do i miss something ?)... mine aren't (might be
between <5 and anything > 300,000 - can't guess upper bound) and they don't all contain floats, but also chars.

And i would like to know how to check for size of var.

s13.