Fatal Python error: GC object already in linked list

Jimmy Retzlaff jimmy at retzlaff.com
Tue Jun 4 00:24:44 EDT 2002

Amit Mongia [mailto:mongiaamit at yahoo.com] writes:
> I am running a program using pycurl, to upload files on a server. I
> am using Python 2.2.1. I am using threads and lists in my program. the
> application just keeps waiting for new files to arrive and uploads
> them. There are times my program errors out and crashes with this
> error message.
>
> Fatal Python error: GC object already in linked list

I had a similar problem where a background thread was periodically
checking if the main thread had added anything to a list and my program
would crash with this same message (the crash didn't occur anywhere near
the list however). It was quite random and many different things would
make it disappear. One of those things was using the Queue class from
the standard library instead of a list to communicate between my two
threads. Maybe something to try. Good luck.

Jimmy