PIL, Python and CGI

Sascha Ferley Sascha.Ferley at infineon.net
Sun Jun 23 21:30:38 EDT 2002

Hi Richard
Thanks for replying back to me, this thing has been driving me nuts for a
while now. Anyways, i removed the try/catch block from the Image.py lib,
and checked the error output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/export/server/web/CPSC461/cgi-bin/interfce.py", line 15, in ?
    print Image.open(urlretrieve(sourcePath, '/tmp/img1')[0]).histogram()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 577, in
histogram
    self.load()
  File "/opt/sfw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 126,
in load
    self.load_prepare()
  File "/opt/sfw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 180,
in load_prepare
    self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'core'

Any new Ideas?
Sascha