tkinter menu (newbie question)

Stephane Ninin stefnin.nospam at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 19 12:23:34 EDT 2002

Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> a tapote dans
news:aeq0cv$p5g$1 at wanadoo.fr:

>> If I want to use several of these windows,
>> can still use for base class Tk, instead of Frame ?
>
> Nope: the instance of Tk is your main window. There should only be
> one, and closing it will end your application. If you want to create
> other windows, you should create instances of Toplevel.

So, what would be the easiest way to attach a menu to a window which is
not the main window ? (that is which doesnot inherit from Tk class)

It seems that Frame class has no menu key,
so I cannot use config(menu=...)
for a class that would inherit for Frame...

--
  Stephane Ninin
stefnin.nospam at yahoo.fr
Les cons, ca ose tout... C'est meme a ca qu'on les reconnait.