Python and the Parrot

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Tue Mar 26 15:11:08 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1017164920.30279.python-list at python.org>,
	Gerard Braad wrote:
> more useful... i wanted to know if someone else here is using it... and?
> do you think python should be ported to the parrot vm??? or are you
> already programming (/porting/testing/etc) on it???

Parrot currently has no way to implement scoped variables, therefore
it's basically a toy.  If and when it's actually possible to use
Parrot for implementing a real programming language, I'm sure work on
Python to Parrot translation will be resumed.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
  "Brilliant! I wish I'd thought of that!"
  "Oh, you will, Doctor, you will."
    -- The Doctor and Romana, in "The Horns of Nimon"