Python-2.2.1c1 Build Problems on Linux and AIX.

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 19 14:19:38 EST 2002

    Ralph> With Python-2.2.1c1, I find `make test' fails on my old version
    Ralph> of Linux/x86 and it fails to build on an also old version of AIX.
    Ralph> Should I go straight to SourceForge and fill in bug forms or do
    Ralph> people tend to discuss the problems here first?

    Ralph> I can see the problem with the AIX build.  Linux SIGSEGVs in
    Ralph> test_calendar on a call to strftime.

Ralph,

The strftime call in calendar.py is a bit abusive, so it's not entirely
surprising to me that you're seeing problems.  This test succeeds for me on
my Mandrake system.  Can you run the test_calendar.py script manually and
submit a SF bug report (assign it to "montanaro")?  A debugger traceback
would be helpful as well.  Does the AIX version of strftime support %a, %A,
%b and %B formats?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)