PEP Parade

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Fri Mar 8 20:34:29 EST 2002

In article <a6b91d$oau$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu>, Donn Cave wrote:
> but putting us in kind of a backwater.  If we sort of collectively
> agree on 2.1.1 (or whatever) for that role, though, that backwater
> could get pretty lively.

Seems unlikely; if people can't muster enough interest to participate
in handling bugs and patches in the current CVS tree, the likelihood
of taking on the even drier and duller job of backporting fixes seems
an order of magnitude less probable.  Unless someone can be found to
pay money for it, of course.

(I wonder why more people don't maintain forks of the Python source
tree for specific things like oddball platforms, though.  Right now
Linux is having a mini-explosion of different trees, some managed with
an eye for stability, some for including all the bleeding edge
patches; I don't think that would harm Python any.)

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
  "We're running out of places to run."
  "The story of our lives."
    -- Turlough and Tegan, in "The Awakening"