TkInter/McMillan installer question.

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Sun Mar 10 07:42:36 EST 2002

Svein Brekke wrote:

> Hi there. I've got a Tkinter application for portuguese vocabulary
> training, and I'm trying to distribute it through McMillans installer.
> The installer is excellent except for one problem I have not been able
> to solve. Could anyone please help me?
>
> My configuration is: Win2KPro, python 2.2b1, McMillan installer 5
> alpha1
>
> Concider the following program (call it test.py):

> import Tkinter # I have also tried: ,unicodedata,codecs

[snip]

For 5a1, an "import codecs" is needed to include all the codecs.
For 5b2, you get codecs unless you specify --ascii to Makespec.py.

With 5b2, I get the same answer from the exe as I get from running
it in Python: the round trip doesn't work. I assume that's because
Tk makes it's own (conflicting) assumption about encoding.

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/