PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Mar 31 01:48:40 EST 2002

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Agreed on that point.  "bool" would be less clear to newcomers and
> possibly those with limited English.  (Vague assumption there that
> those people might have heard of Boolean algebra but might not
> link it to the shorter form as quickly.)
>
> Besides, if we're doing this to look like the other languages,
> don't they use "boolean" more often?  (I realize that's not
> really the reason for doing this.)

C++ uses bool, C99 uses _Bool, Java uses boolean ...

I can see both ways here.  I'm more used to seeing bool, but wouldn't
object to boolean.

/  \ Nationalism is an infantile sickness.
\__/ Albert Einstein
    Alcyone Systems' Daily Planet / http://www.alcyone.com/planet.html
 A new, virtual planet, every day.