A really bad idea.

Manuel M. Garcia mgarcia at cole-switches.com
Thu Nov 14 16:41:49 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:39:28 GMT, Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it>
wrote:
(edit)
>Python has a few dozen built-in functions.  I wouldn't _expect_ MOST of
>them to be "immediately obvious" to somebody who has not even bothered
>glancing at the docs, or trying e.g help(zip) at the prompt in an
>interactive session.

A good point. Python is pretty darn small.  O'Reilly's Python Pocket
Reference for Python 2 is 124 pages, and only because the major
modules are referenced starting at page 65.  And the language is
pretty well covered in those 64 pages, it is rare I need any
documentation beyond the Pocket Reference, even when doing thing that
would be considered tricky in other languages, like handling attribute
access on an object programmatically.

Manuel