Python documentation in DocBook

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Nov 15 12:44:27 EST 2002

"Anton Vredegoor" <anton at vredegoor.doge.nl> wrote in message
news:ar2kl9$1nd$1 at news.hccnet.nl...
> That sounds reasonable but the problem is that as the receiver of a
> donation you are not in a good bargaining position.

As a non-developer who has watched the bug fix process mostly as a
lurker, this strikes me as backwards.  The developers who fix bugs
are, on net, givers more that takers.  On the other hand, most bug
reports come from people who are asking to get a fix for their
problems.  So submitters are the ones who are not in a good
'bargaining position'.  Given that perhaps half of fixes requiere
further communication with the submitter, it strikes me as entirely
reasonable that fixers ask for an id connected to an email as a
condition of adding a gift request to the current and somewhat stable
pool of about 300.

Terry J. Reedy