Tkinter/Canvas question, Please Help

benson123456 member at dbforums.com
Mon Nov 18 13:39:27 EST 2002

HI,
I am new to python and tkinter, I have some question on tkinter and
canvas. I am using tkinter to build my GUI, I need to be able to
display some colored square on the screen, I can get everything to
work fine except my frame size. the frame contain 6 square box(canvas
object) and one label. The colored square looks just like the size
that I wants, but in fact it take up so much more room under the
square to store it. (I noticed that when I change the gird mathod
which I am currently using to the pack method and packing them one on
top of each other, I see a lot of space in between every square). does
anybody has any idea of how I can fix that? codes are here

"http://cswww.bemidjistate.edu/~cngai1/readcopy.py"

second question:
if I have a frame inside a frame. I want to put some object in the
inside-frame using the grid method, when I say the row and column,
would I be using the row and column for the inside-frame or the
outside-frame. I guess my question is, how many measuring system are
we dealing with?

third question:
if I am using the grid method, does every row and column has to be the
same size?

Thank you very much
Benson