Python daemon

Jason Morgan jwm-python at sentinelchicken.net
Thu Oct 17 22:21:54 EDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 03:35:46AM +0200, Kalle Svensson wrote:

> [Jason Morgan]
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 07:36:11PM -0400, Fran?ois Pinard wrote:
> > > You meant Daniel Burnstein?  I'd rather not.  You may choose the crowd you
> > > want to be with, and decide to stay away from others.  It's your life! :-)
> >
> > Yes, Daniel Burnstein. Sorry about the typo. I find daemontools useful;
> > however, I'm neither programmer nor sysadmin nor techie - just a hobbyist
> > so I don't carry with me the prejudices some others may.
>
> It's not only a question of prejudice.  For a good discussion of what
> is wrong with Daniel Bernstein's software, take a look at:
>
> http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#djb
>
> Peace,
>   Kalle

Thanks, for the read. Like I said, I'm a hobbyist (run just two servers and two
workstations). I can, however, sympathize with the f*cked-up file locations and
strange 'quarkiness' of djb's configs. In know the system now, though, and his
software is fast and clean and does 'what it's told.' I don't know how many
times I've installed the 'latest and greatest' just to find it's less reliable.
Granted, I haven't made a conserted effort to find a more user-friendly mail
server and replacements for djbdns and daemontools, but...

Jason