maintaining order with cgi

Daniel insaney at ufl.edu
Tue Oct 22 09:09:15 EDT 2002

This may have already been asked and answered long ago but I saw
nothing in google's archives.  Is there any way using the cgi.py
(version 2.6) that came with python 2.2 to retrieve the name/value
pairs in the order they were submitted by the client rather than using
the FieldStorage dictionary?  Ordinarily a cgi script would know what
values to look for, but I'm working with a more generic case where it
doesn't, and order is important.

Am I stuck grabbing code out of cgi.py and modifying it to call
parse_qsl more, or is there something already available that I missed
in cgi.py that would be a faster means to an end?

Thanks,
Daniel