[Python-Dev] PEP239 (Rational Numbers) Reference Implementation and new issues

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Oct 4 11:16:22 CEST 2002

Chad Netzer <cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov> writes:

> BTW.  The expression/definition that always makes me shake MY head is
> (0**0 == 1).  Limits are amazing things...

Even here you have to be careful!  I presume you meant

      lim    x   = 1
     x -> 0

?  After all

      lim    0   = 0
     x -> 0

And strictly speaking, the "x -> 0"s should be "x -> 0+"s...

Anything else you want me to be anal about today?  I have to start
tutoring undergrads in this sort of thing fairly soon, so it's
probably good to get some practice...

  CLiki pages can be edited by anybody at any time. Imagine the most
  fearsomely comprehensive legal disclaimer you have ever seen, and
  double it                        -- http://ww.telent.net/cliki/index