[Python-Dev] PEP239 (Rational Numbers) Reference Implementation and new issues

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Oct 4 05:16:22 EDT 2002

Chad Netzer <cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov> writes:

> BTW.  The expression/definition that always makes me shake MY head is
> (0**0 == 1).  Limits are amazing things...

Even here you have to be careful!  I presume you meant

      lim    x   = 1
     x -> 0

?  After all

      lim    0   = 0
     x -> 0

And strictly speaking, the "x -> 0"s should be "x -> 0+"s...

Anything else you want me to be anal about today?  I have to start
tutoring undergrads in this sort of thing fairly soon, so it's
probably good to get some practice...

Cheers,
M.

--
  CLiki pages can be edited by anybody at any time. Imagine the most
  fearsomely comprehensive legal disclaimer you have ever seen, and