Sessionhandling

Lutz Schroeer ifls at rz.tu-clausthal.de
Tue Sep 24 07:25:04 EDT 2002

Michael Str?der <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
: Most users do *not* configure their browsers anyway. Therefore it's
: almost useless to use HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE or similar env vars.

Well, at least you can try. My solution to the orignal poster's problem
would be to detect the browser's language configuration and additionally
offer the possibility to change the language and store it in a (maybe
persistent) cookie.

Subsequently those with correct browser configuration will get their
preferred language and the other 90% will have the opportunity to use the
switch.

Personally I'm always pleased if a website opens in German because sometimes
I'm not aware that a page offers a different language than English.
Nevertheless I also like to switch back to English on some pages because the
translations are sometimes a bit "creative" :-)