Calling Python from C# - please help

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Sep 17 07:04:31 EDT 2002

Syver Enstad wrote:
> Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> writes:
>

>>Mark Hammond wrote:
>>

>>>I have no examples of this, but I should.  I'm co-authoring a .NET
>>>book which is nearly out :) -
>>

>>That sounds great. I enjoyed the win32 book, and still use it as a
>>reference.
>>
>>Are you by any chance still developing Pyhton .NET, or has it
>>completely stopped?
>>
>>regards Max M
>

> Now that J# (Java .NET) has been released, I was wondering about the
> possibility of compiling Jython with the MS J# compiler to create a
> Jython .NET. Has anyone considered the possibility?

I'd love to see some Jython technology used for .NET.  At the time
Python.NET started, there was very strict NDA, so discussing the project
with jython-dev, or even python-dev, was taboo.  Greg Stein and I made a
pragmatic decision to go with the p2c tool as a framework over jython as
we alrady had experience with p2c and didnt have the time-lines to
understand jython before embarking on our pilot code.

But see my previous post - time (generally represented as money <wink>)
is the commodity most scarce.

Mark.