PythonScript

Gavin Tomlins GavinT at ResMed.com.au
Wed Sep 18 01:11:02 EDT 2002

Thanks for the prompt reply David, yes unfortunately the suggestions you
proposed have been implemented though to no avail. I guess its a matter of
attrition. Shall repost if I find a solution.

Regards

Gavin

-----Original Message-----
From: David LeBlanc [mailto:whisper at oz.net]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 September 2002 2:35 PM
To: Gavin Tomlins; python-list at python.org
Subject: RE: PythonScript

<snip>
> The problem I seem to be hitting is utilising python in applications that
> embed an ActiveScript Engine. To date I am unable to get one python script
> to execute. Other languages vbscript, jscript,perl etc, work in the same
> environment so I'm left wondering if its a configuration problem or
> something that I might be overlooking. If anyone could give me pointers,
> url's, snippets etc. it would be interested. The product I specifically
> having problems is FinalBuilder (http://www.atozedsoftware.com)
> though have
> seen this problem in other applications as well.
>
> I've tried both ActiveState and Python distribution 2.2.1 with Win32
> 1.48all.
>
> Regards
>
> Gavin

Did you register Python as an ActiveScript host? I believe this is done for
you automatically if you use the installer and not done for you if you
don't. It's possible that it gets done for you the first time you run the
PythonWin IDE too.

Have a look at this file: \Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32com\readme.htm

HTH,

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA

Warning:  Copyright ResMed.  Where the contents of this email and/or attachment includes materials prepared by ResMed, the use of those materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between ResMed and the intended recipient.

This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. By the use of email over the Internet or other communication systems, ResMed is not waiving either confidentiality of, or legal privilege in,the content of the email and of any attachments.
If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call ResMed immediately on  +61 2 9886 5000 Sydney, Australia.