mySQL and Python 2.2

Gerhard Haering gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sat Sep 21 16:12:21 EDT 2002

* Greg & Janet LINDSTROM <yuba at cyberback.com> [2002-09-21 13:33 -0500]:
> Hello-
> I am trying to convert from gadfly to mySQL for my database needs on
> my Windows 98 box. I have installed mySQL and it works (I have
> created my tables and can manipulate them manually), and have
> downloaded mySQL-python-0.9.1, but when I python setup.py build, I
> get an error about cl.exe not existing (and, sure enough, it
> doesn't :-).

At http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307 download and
install MySQL-python-0.9.1.win32-py2.2.exe instead. I haven't gotten around
to building 0.9.2, yet.

> I'm running Windows 98 with Activestate Python2.2. Any help you
> could supply (including code snippets of how to get connected to
> MySQL once I get it running) would be appreciated.

Look in the examples and docs directory of the source distribution that you
downloaded. You should be able to find what you're looking for there.

-- Gerhard