mySQL and Python 2.2

Greg & Janet LINDSTROM yuba at
Sat Sep 21 20:33:33 CEST 2002

I am trying to convert from gadfly to mySQL for my database needs on
my Windows 98 box. I have installed mySQL and it works (I have
created my tables and can manipulate them manually), and have
downloaded mySQL-python-0.9.1, but when I python build, I
get an error about cl.exe not existing (and, sure enough, it
doesn't :-).

I'm running Windows 98 with Activestate Python2.2. Any help you
could supply (including code snippets of how to get connected to
MySQL once I get it running) would be appreciated.