how to link python against static sys libs?

David McNab david at nospam-freenet.org.nz
Wed Apr 23 08:53:55 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to build python to link the sys
libs (eg glibc) statically.

After setting all the ./configure options (eg --with-libc, --with-libs
etc), I've got it to the point where it builds a python executable.

But the built python segfaults when it is itself invoked later in the
Makefile. Also, there's a 'case' statement in the Makefile that make barfs
at.

If anyone has successfully built python 2.2 to use *only* static system
libs, including glibc, pthread, math, dl and util, can you please post
some instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers
David