pydoc doesn't find related modules?

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Sun Apr 13 01:20:07 EDT 2003

Hi!

I have pydoc running on RH8.0 Python 2.2.1 using the web interface.

I installed plenty of site-packages, one being the MoinMoin wiki and it's
site-package directory MoinMoin.

When I browse pydoc, it gives me errors in some cases:

problem in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MoinMoin/macro/Form.pyc -
ImportError: cannot import name wikiutil

wikiutil.py is in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MoinMoin/.

problem in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MoinMoin/wikiutil.pyc -
ImportError: cannot import name config

config.py is in the same directory as wikiutil.pyc.

MoinMoin (the wiki) works great so I know it's finding this stuff correctly.

I'm fairly sure this has to do with the pythonpath not being set correctly but
I'm not sure why MoinMoin works at all in that case. I think pydoc doesn't
handle the path by recursing into subdirs or else the import statements are
done differently in MoinMoin than they are in other modules (i.e. Plex) and
this is confusing pydoc.

Can anyone help me get pydoc to working correctly?

Thanks!
Scott