[Newbie] Opinions on GUI and distribution

Jane Doe jane.doe at acme.com
Sat Apr 5 09:35:44 EST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:45:14 -0500, Jp Calderone <exarkun at intarweb.us>
wrote:
>  Easy.  Distutils, py2exe, McMillian Installer, and several others give you
>a wide variety of installation approaches.

I'm on my way... I checked the FAQ for this ng before posting, but
only found some old ones on www.faqs.org.

>  Some of them are, certainly.  I think that this is an area where the
>differences tend to come down mainly to personal taste.

As long as the main widgets are available, either by calling Windows'
native set or installing some custom ones, our customers should be
happy. Provided custom sets don't come in big install programs.

>Bottom line, I doubt you'll find an application for which Python's runtime performance disqualifies it as a
>possible implementation language.

Great :-)

Thx a bunch
JD.