Installer Problem WinNT to Win 98

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Mon Apr 28 22:54:03 EDT 2003

JanC wrote:

> achrist at easystreet.com schreef:
>
> Did you use the Unicode version of wxPython?

Thanks, but no.  I've got wxPythonWIN32-2.4.0.7-Py22.exe, not
wxPythonWIN32-2.4.0.7u-Py22.exe.

I've just spent some time looking inside the various pyd files that
the McMillan installer did package with my app to see what else I might
need.  I found:

In almost all of them:  MSVCRT.DLL.  Is there any way that a pure
vanilla Win 98 machine (very little installed software, nostly used
to run what came with the computer) might be missing this file?  Is it
legit for me to redistribute it with a python app (I do have an MSVC
license)?

Also:

	ADVAPI32.dll
	Shell32.DLL
	OLEAUT32.DLL
	Kernel32.DLL
	User32.DLL

Most of these are used by the win32api.pyd file, which I guess my
app is using to handle registry settings.  Any way that any of these
might be missing from said Win 98 machine?

Al