Slogan: Getting Rich Overnight

val val at vtek.com
Sun Aug 10 23:01:21 EDT 2003

    Hi Christian,
    If the slogan concept is set aside for awhile,
i independently came to the same/close idea of
'application-specific' or 'enriched' (in the spirit of IPython)
command line (CL),  a python-based one, of course.
The interactive mode you are talking about indeed provides
a unique *fast* feedback-driven capabilities for an app analysis
and running.
    I'm working (on and off) on a 'lawyer CL', 'dentist CL',
'project manager CL', etc trying to abstract a generic CL functionality
and the limits of the CL concept.  A command line in combination
with the PythonWin like intellisense and Python help is a very
flexible and powerful interactive environment.  It may combine
a purely CL facilities and quick GUIs fired from CL when necessary.
Such a CL may provide an interactive access to rich business
objects/methods and their functionality.
    A standard GUI is a great concept, but it has a fixed
structure which may become a highly complicated for real-world apps.
A well-designed CL actually splits a potentially huge GUI into
manageable and app-specific "time slices" (CL+GUI) driven by the
current output of the app.
    In some cases, a CL can be driven or evolve in a semiautomatic
mode displaying (for a user) only pre-specified or dynamically generated
critical elements of the application dynamics.  Thus, a CL design
(business objects accessed and their user control) may be highly
flexible comparing with a fully pre-specified (and thus too rigid)
program control.
    So, business objects' power under user fingertips seems to be a
powerful concept, indeed.  In fact, a living organism' functionality
in an environment is split similarly into stimuli (inputs) and responses
(outputs);  an output, in turn, can represent a (pre-specified)
sequence of responses potentially modifiable by the environment
(user inputs).  This way the virtual/autonomous users/agents can be
setup and configured with various degree of decision-making
capabilities beginning from simple user models ('beginner') and
finishing with sophisticated user models ('expert') with a
significant built-in knowledge of the application dynamics and,
therefore, potential responses.  So, a part of the app processing
gets transferred into a user model with control, monitoring,
debugging(?) and other 'who-knows' functions.
    Ok, enough nice dreams..
Interactive-ly y'rs,
val