dynamic typing question

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Dec 26 12:15:54 EST 2003

In article <mailman.119.1072457194.684.python-list at python.org>,
Jason Tesser <JTesser at nbbc.edu> wrote:
			.
>>6.  Are there alternatives to having the
>>    two of you write a "package" from
>>    scratch?  A LOT of software for college
>>    administration has been written already;
>>    is none of it appropriate for your situ-
>>    ation?
>
>$500,000 to get the level of a product that we need as a complete
>solution.  There
>are a lot of little programs that would meet individual needs, many of
>which we now
>use but we need a complete integrated solution at this point.   We are a Bible
>college and do have some unique needs for our students also.
			.
			.
			.
One role Python fulfills well is "glue" that links
together existing programmatic resources.  Inte-
gration's a great thing.  So is re-use of work
that already exists.  I wonder if there's some
way for you to have both.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net