Number format; newbie makes deep heartfelt whinge

logistix logistix at zworg.com
Tue Feb 18 17:40:58 EST 2003

Gary Duncan <gmduncan at netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:<3E51E708.5010803 at netspace.net.au>...

> Anyway, I would urge that a better diagnostic be written in this case.
> Wouldn't be surprised if there were large numbers of cases in Python
> where this vague and useless diagnostic was returned to puzzle and frustrate.

You should probably submit either a bug report or feature request at
sourceforge.net if you want to see a resolution on this (although the
resolution might be "No, we're not change it")  There's also an effort
now to rewrite the parser from scratch.  I don't know if a new
tokenizer falls under that umbrella.