scp module for python ?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net
Fri Feb 7 06:18:01 EST 2003

Gitte Wange <gitte at babytux.dk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know if such a thing has been discussed at this list (I just
> subscribed) but I give at try :-)

You probably didn't know that this list is searchable :-)

This list is gatewayed to the newsgroup comp.lang.python. Now, newsgroups are
searchable via http://groups.google.com

To restrict your search to a specific mailing list, enter the keywords you're
searching for, plus "group:my.group.name". In your case, you can go there and
enter

    group:comp.lang.python scp

to see previous discussions of your topic.

> I'm working on an application that should implement different protocols to
> transfer files to servers. On of those protocols is SSH (via scp).
>
> Does there exist some sort of scp module for python or is there anyway to
> do it ?

I'd try to use pyssh (didn't get it running myself, though) or Twisted's ssh
implementation (http://twistedmatrix.com).

-- Gerhard