PyType_GenericNew not calling Init/New functions

Lloyd NOSPAM at fusion.net.nz
Wed Jan 8 06:07:22 EST 2003

I'm constructing a class that inherits from one of my custom C object with
PyType_GenericNew but for some reason neither the pyton classes __init__ nor
my custom C objects New/Alloc methods are being called.

Isn't PyType_GenericNew supposed to call these methods? If not, how else do
I contruct the class as doing a GetItemString for the Python class I want to
construct and that seems to return a PyType type and not a PyClass type.

Any help appreciated.