[ann] Minimal Python project

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jan 11 17:22:15 EST 2003

"John Roth" <johnroth at ameritech.net> wrote in message
news:v2111cf3gg193a at news.supernews.com...

> "Edward K. Ream" <edream at tds.net> wrote in message
> news:SrZT9.121191$Hs2.11493220 at kent.svc.tds.net...
> > A better rule of thumb, IMO, is that extraordinary claims require
> > extraordinary justification.
>
> Whether or not a claim is extraordinary is totally in the mind (if
> any) of the person who dislikes the claim.

There are people who claim they can fly (levitate) by meditating, or
by willing it so.  I think it would be wonderful (I even tried it as a
kid).  But given the lack of any credible public demonstration
anywhere, anytime, I feel comfortable in regarding it as an
'extraordinary' claim.  And in wanting to see such a feat in person
before I really, really believed it.

Terry J. Reedy