RHSA-2002:202-25

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jan 29 12:15:18 EST 2003

    >> This is in 2.2.1 and earlier.  I believe the fix was applied to os.py
    >> version 1.59 last August:

    Yasushi> Python 1.5.2 and 2.1.3 also contains the fix?

I don't think so.  Perhaps 1.5.2 doesn't have the vulnerability though.  A
lot has changed in the os module since then.  I don't have the source online
to check though.  2.1.3 has the bug though.

    Yasushi> Many people are still using 1.5.2. and Zope users are using
    Yasushi> 2.1.3.

1.5.2 is dead and gone.  It's time to upgrade.

Attached is a context diff between os.py 1.58 and 1.59.  You may be able to
manually apply it in concept to your 2.1.3 version of os.py.

Skip