SNMP support for Python under Windows

WIWA wim_wauters at skynet.be
Wed Jul 9 17:35:35 EDT 2003

Hi Peter,

I did two things, both unsuccessfull:

1) If I install the pySNMP modules under lib/site-packages and then
type sth like:
from pysnmp import session it gives the error message "ImportError: No
module named pysnmp". The same happens if I unstall pySNMP directly
under the lib directory. Installs in this context means 'copy paste'
the *.py files of the pySNMP distribution.

- Do I need to explicitly mention in my script where pySNMP is
installed?

2) I installed distutils 1.0.2 for Windows and it installed into the
Python directory. So ar so good, I think...
I go to DOS prompt and go to the directory where disutils is installed
and type in python setup.py install, but DOS replies:
'Python is not recognized as an internal or external command, program
or batchfile".

- Do I need to do sth special after installing Distutils

System coordinates are Windows XP. Python version is 2.2.2 and pySNMP
is version 3.0.0.

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated