socket programming project

Maciej Sobczak maciej at maciejsobczak.com
Thu Jun 26 13:33:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

drs wrote:

> I am trying to make a small network system where several client computers
> connect to a server.  each client can send messages to the server which must
> alert all of the clients of the information in the messages.  Further, the
> server must be able to alert all connected clients about other occasional
> information. The total number of messages is low, however. for now, security
> is not an issue if that matters.

You may find the YAMI project:

http://www.maciejsobczak.com/prog/yami/

to be very useful for your needs.

> need it to run on freebsd and win32 at a minimum, and pocketPC if at all
> possible.

YAMI works fine on FreeBSD, Linux, MS Windows and SunOS. I did not try
it on PocketPC, but chances are it will go, if you know how to write
Makefiles for this platform. ;)

--
Maciej Sobczak
http://www.maciejsobczak.com/

Distributed programming lib for C, C++, Python & Tcl:
http://www.maciejsobczak.com/prog/yami/