sourceforge problems

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jun 21 07:32:00 EDT 2003

Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> well andy at rep***lab.com routinely uses pserver to do his checkins, with
> a 24 hour gap that is certainly a problem :(

I don't understand: On SF, you cannot checkin through pserver, so I
don't think this statement is literally true. It appears you are not
talking about the Python project here (as Andy Robinson can't commit
to that) - however, I agree this is a current problem. As I said, I
expect this to go away in a few months, atleast for the Python
project.

I have been considering to convert my own anonymous sandboxes to
read-write sandboxes, as well, to always get the current code.

> It seems that ssh is the way to go. We have systems where ssh 1 is
> not the default, but on win32 our clients all seem to be stuck on
> rsa 1.

Hmm. There are plenty of alternatives for setting up cvs+ssh on
Windows (OpenSSH, Cygwin OpenSSH and Putty come to mind). My preferred
solution is to use an SSH client which stores private keys in disk
files, and then not use any kind of pass-phrase on the key. Instead,
encrypt the file system with NTFS encryption (requires W2kSP3 or
WXP9). With that, no pass-phrase typing is needed when performing CVS
operations.

Regards,
Martin