Nice quote

David Mertz mertz at
Sat Mar 29 04:51:26 CET 2003

"Jeremy Bowers" <jerf at> wrote previously:
|Personally, I've been noodling around with the idea of some sort of
|declarative syntax where you tell the parser what you're expecting and it
|presents you with an object model constructed using classes you give

You might want to look at Gnosis Utilities, both gnosis.xml.validity and
gnosis.xml.objectify.  For discussions, see:

Maybe I discussed the issues elsewhere too.  The actual download is:

Not that I think Tim Bray was talking about my stuff, even indirectly.
But I'm still proud of these modules.

Yours, David...

Keeping medicines from the bloodstreams of the sick; food from the bellies
of the hungry; books from the hands of the uneducated; technology from the
underdeveloped; and putting advocates of freedom in prisons.  Intellectual
property is to the 21st century what the slave trade was to the 16th.