Nice quote

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Fri Mar 28 22:51:26 EST 2003

"Jeremy Bowers" <jerf at jerf.org> wrote previously:
|Personally, I've been noodling around with the idea of some sort of
|declarative syntax where you tell the parser what you're expecting and it
|presents you with an object model constructed using classes you give
|it.

You might want to look at Gnosis Utilities, both gnosis.xml.validity and
gnosis.xml.objectify.  For discussions, see:

    http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/xml_matters_20.html
    http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/charming_python_b11.html
    http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/xml_matters_11.html
    http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/xml_matters_2.html

Maybe I discussed the issues elsewhere too.  The actual download is:

    http://gnosis.cx/download/Gnosis_Utils-current.tar.gz

Not that I think Tim Bray was talking about my stuff, even indirectly.
But I'm still proud of these modules.

Yours, David...

--
Keeping medicines from the bloodstreams of the sick; food from the bellies
of the hungry; books from the hands of the uneducated; technology from the