Why sys.exit does not exit ?

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Thu Mar 13 14:29:49 EST 2003

> ...or set the other threads to daemonic, so their continuing existence
> does not inhibit process termination (but I'm not sure how that would
> play with a thread being in a system-call, such as time.sleep).

I do this in a multi-threaded application.  Approximately 99% of time is
spent in time.sleep.

One thread does thread.exit for shutdown with all other threads marked as
daemoniac.  In all cases, application exits.  Approximately 5-10% of time
exit is abnormal with an illegal access to abs location 00004.  (Py 2.2.1
Windows 2000).

--

Dennis Reinhardt

DennisR at dair.com