Where did you learn to unit test? How did you learn?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu May 1 16:10:02 EDT 2003

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> There was another thing I came across a few months ago (maybe an ebook in
> PDF form on XP or test-driven programming) which I thought was excellent.
> It worked through a complete example, starting from square one, including
> all the detail.  Unfortunately, I can't find it now.

Skip, was this the play-by-play of a programming pair working through
an example of test-driven development ala XP (probably with "Chet" or maybe
Uncle Bob), complete with the wrong paths they temporarily travelled and
eventually working code?  I'm sure we can dig up a reference to that somewhere...

-Peter