python a bust?

John Howard python473 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 20:57:13 EST 2003

Let's say some one walked into a book store and glanced at the books
in computers. He might think, "gee look at all the books on java and
perl and hardly any books on python. What is python? And it's not even
in the languages section. No sense in looking at that!"  It's a matter
of perception. "Lots of perl and java - that's the way to go." I also
agree that maybe a lot of books on python are not necessary to learn
the langage. Heck, I learned almost all I know (which I admit is not
much) from web tutorials and samples. But I do have questions I cannot
find the answers to when I browse the book store. Eg, how do I do
admin stuff with python? How do I do cgi stuff with python? There are
books on how to do these in perl. Dozens.