Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at famine.OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Oct 9 14:26:29 EDT 2003

Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> writes:

> One popular macro is WITH-OUTPUT-TO-FILE. My budding RoboCup starter kit
> was a vital WITH-STD-ATTEMPT macro. Oh god, no! I need to see the ANSI
> Lisp commands for these things so I can really understand them. Better
> yet...
>
> why not the disassembly?

Fortunately for insane, paranoid programmers like Kenny who don't read
docstrings, and refuse to believe that others' libraries might work
correctly, Lisp is quite accomidating.  You want to see what a macro
call expands to?  Hey, I think we have tools for just that problem.
Disassembly?  Now I could be mistaken, but I remember it being far
easier than in most languages ... oh yeah, DISASSEMBLE.  Wow, I didn't
have to dig through a whole object file, or anything!

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |