a little OT: how to handle this email list?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 23 11:11:13 EDT 2003

    Matthew> My python folder fills up with several hundred emails every
    Matthew> day.  How do the rest of you handle all the traffic on this
    Matthew> list?  Do you delete everything at the end of every day?

Since you say "My python folder", I assume you already segregate the list's
mail to a separate folder.  Does squirrelmail have a 'k'ill command which
can delete all messages with the same subject?  Nobody is interested in all
topics, so when you decide a thread isn't interesting, just 'k'ill future
messages without reading them.  As a Unix/Mac person, I generally avoid most
obviously Windows-specific threads.  I may rue that decision if I ever need
to program Python on Windows to any significant degree.

Skip