Comments on Python Redesign

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Sep 7 15:20:03 EDT 2003

In article <bjfvnh$mkb$1 at peabody.colorado.edu>,
Fernando Perez  <fperez528 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>And if you feel like people are being overly harsh, don't worry.  It's
>usenet after all :)

Well, no, it's not Usenet, not in the sense you mean.  Someone dragged a
discussion from a mailing list here, and I think that beating Tim up in
public is unfair.  We haven't even completely settled on a set of design
goals yet; Tim's mockup was strictly intended to help advance the
discussion.

I'll repeat what I said, if you want to be involved with the redesign
effort, join http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pydotorg-redesign

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz