was: Re: looking for MOP documentation

Holger Krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Mon Sep 22 09:24:07 EDT 2003

Michael Hudson wrote:
> Holger Krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> writes:
>
> > Although probably 2/3 of the implementation of Python deal with the
> > type/object implementations, from a using-the-language point of view
> > the syntax probably contributes more obviously to the observed
> > "simplicity" of Python.
>
> OK, I disagree with you, too :-)

Nah, that's almost impossible because I have carefully interspersed
the above sentence with "probably" and "more obviously" :-)

> > But the term "meta object protocol" seems to point much more into
> > the direction of types/objects as Michael suggests and here Python
> > has a lot to offer. Is there some free material on MOP somewhere?
>
>     http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/mop/contents.html

Uuh, it's all LISP based, i see.  Maybe i still give it a try. Anyone
willing to give a pythonic crash-course in LISP in - say -
10 x 5-line paragraphs?  :-)

> looks like being a version of AMOP online, you know that book I
> brought with me to one of the pypy sprints :-) (actually, it may have
> been the Gothenbourg sprint).  I can bring it to the next sprint I
> come to, if you like.

sounds good and like more fun than funding papers.

cheers,

    holger