was: Re: looking for MOP documentation

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Sep 22 08:57:48 EDT 2003

Holger Krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> writes:

> Although probably 2/3 of the implementation of Python deal with the
> type/object implementations, from a using-the-language point of view
> the syntax probably contributes more obviously to the observed
> "simplicity" of Python.

OK, I disagree with you, too :-)

> But the term "meta object protocol" seems to point much more into
> the direction of types/objects as Michael suggests and here Python
> has a lot to offer. Is there some free material on MOP somewhere?

    http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/mop/contents.html

looks like being a version of AMOP online, you know that book I
brought with me to one of the pypy sprints :-) (actually, it may have
been the Gothenbourg sprint).  I can bring it to the next sprint I
come to, if you like.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  SCSI is not magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why it
  is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain now and