Python secure?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Aug 15 21:48:55 EDT 2004

Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:

> > That being true, it's still a good idea for me to lock the
> > door when I leave the house.
>
> I suppose so, but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

The OP was asking if Python offered a way to prevent disclosure of his
source code.  The statement was made that copyright laws would protect
him.

My point was not to examine the details of copyright and/or reverse
engineering laws, but to point out that even if there is legal
protection for the code, it's still a good idea to take active steps to
prevent its disclosure.

Protecting the code prevents theft.  IP laws only give you a basis for
legal action after the code is stolen.