PRE-PEP: new Path class

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Fri Jan 9 15:39:44 EST 2004

Christoph Becker-Freyseng wrote:
> Gerrit Holl wrote:
> >John Roth wrote:
> >
> >>I'm adding a thread for comments on Gerrit Holl's pre-pep, which
> [...]
> >Shall I submit this as an official PEP? Or shall I first fill in more
> >open issues and perhaps give the possibility to change "closed" issues?
> >

> I think there are still a lot of issues. I think letting settle things
> down at first is wiser. And then present a PEP where many (even better
> all) contributors agree. (I didn't like the result of PEP308 very much ...)

Yes. But of course, a PEP being an official PEP does not mean there
can't be any more changes to it. So the question is, at what point does
a pre-PEP become a PEP? Some PEPs have a $Revision: 1.20$, after all.

> In additions there are still good points in the older discussions and
> existing modules that should be integrated (You linked in the prePEP).

Yes, that's true. I'll do that.

yours,
Gerrit.

--
49. If any one take money from a merchant, and give the merchant a
field tillable for corn or sesame and order him to plant corn or sesame in